How to Start Using Actioned
Congratulations, you’ve created an account! Now what though??? 🤔
Start with Actions
The whole premise behind Actioned, is to help you take action on the things that are important. Which is why we’ve made the opening view your actions.
- Enter a few things you want to get done for today and the next few days
- Each item should be fairly small – you should expect to be able to do it in an hour or less. (“New website” is not a good example, but “Find 3 website designers” works well.)
- Drag and drop them to put them in the order you intend to do them.
- Then, get into the habit of just starting with your first action and doing that until it’s done. Then take a break before starting the next action on your list.
- As you get things done, mark them off in Actioned (just tick the circle next to the action).
- You’ll notice that Actioned tracks how many Actions you’ve done for the week.
- Get into the habit of actually doing everything on your list! It’s a great feeling!
If you work with teams or want to separate different parts of your life, you should use Workspaces to achieve this.
- Add a new Workspace and give it a name that is meaningful to you.
- For a work team, this could be; the Business name, Department name, or Team name
- If it’s just for separating your roles in life, it might be; Health, Family, Secret Project, Side Hustle, Hobby Name, etc
- Choose a color to represent your workspace
- Invite anyone else you’d like to have access to that workspace. If you don’t invite anyone else, it remains just for you (and no-one else can see it). If you invite team members, they’ll be able to see you actions, tasks and goals – but only the ones that relate to that workspace.
- Then, when you add new actions, you can choose whether they’re “Personal” or for one of you workspaces
Use the Task List
The task list is like your master to-do list.
- Put everything here that you think you want to do at some stage. Empty your head out here – it feels good!
- Think about your priorities and change the timing of tasks by dragging them between the Now, Next, Someday and Backburner timings
- For each task, you can add a description, assign team members, group them together in Projects, and add Actions.
- You can also link an existing Action to a Task
Get Clear on Your Goals
Goals are the reason for doing everything so it pays to force yourself to get very clear on your goals.
- For each of your Workspaces (including your Personal one), think of a goal that you’re aiming towards
- Ideally, each goal should be SMART – specific, measurable, actionable, realistic and time-framed
- Goals are not structurally linked to Tasks or Actions but you should review them frequently and keep them in mind as you’re adding Tasks and Actions